Thursday, 4 December 2014

Where Have We Been?

I've been quiet...too quiet.
But I promise you that there is a good reason for it, and I promise you that a much awaited update will be happening in the next few weeks.
Alright, now that that's out of the way....


Lets talk about SOAP!



The best part about being a soap maker, isn't making your own hours.

Sure, it's nice. But sometimes my hours are stretched over long periods of time. Sometimes I wake up ridiculously early...so I soap. Or I wake up late, and stay up late. So I soap.
Some of the best times I've had, have been at 2 in the morning pouring 40 bars.

Or 3 in the morning making face lotions.
Or wrapping soap.
Or making labels.
Or fighting with some computer component or another.

Or going with four hours sleep to a market the next day because I didn't have all my ducks in a row the night before. (I do try but these past nine months have been a whirl-wind of ideas that I've been trying to cram into the last few months - with the goal of having them at least somewhat conceptualized by January 1st.)

My best stretch of production was 500 bars in a week, because I just had to get all my creativeness out and into those creamy bars.

No joke. I soaped all day and all night for three days straight.
Then I took a day off and caught up on that sleep - after of course I cut all that soap into bars.



Maybe the best part about being a soap maker, is making the soap.

No. Well I mean yes, but I mean no.

The best part about being a soap maker, is experimenting.
Calculating and formulating my own recipes so that I know exactly what is in each product I make. And believe it or not, I love doing the research; and reading. (Not everyone likes that part of it, but I however find it fascinating...)

I love being able to offer that kind of personal-accountability; and being able to say that I formulated a certain recipe for a specific reason and that my recipes are all 100% original recipes that I have designed myself.

So basically what I'm telling you is that the reason for my radio silence is nothing other than research induced and soap addictions; oh and trying to make our website more user friendly. Actually, the entire website has been getting a face-life (which I've been working on in bits and pieces, which is why it's taken me so long) so please don't take it personally.

I hope that you love it as much as I do - and I hope to have it live before Christmas.

We have a lot of new and exciting things to offer you this coming new year, and I hope you'll stay tuned to hear all about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment